Scissor Crafts - Paper Craft Activities
Color Book Templates & Patterns
Kids and adults coloring for all Seasons and any Reasons
Halloween color book fun. November 2nd, the Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de los Muertos) or All Souls´ Day is happy and colorful celebration and Mexico's most important religious holiday. On this day it is believed that dead relatives return from their resting places to visit their loved ones. Families visit cemeteries and churches bringing with them with flowers, candles, and prayer to reinforce the solidarity between living and dead persons.
Scissorcraft's Haunted Halloween Hooliganism:
- Skull Masks - Dog, Cat, Cow and Buffalo Patterns
- SkeletonsSkulls for Halloween, Paper Skeleton Marionettes
- Papel PicadoPaper Picado: Symmetrical Mexican Tissue Snowflakes
- Sun Masks
- Jack O'Lantern Carving Templates
- Folding Halloween Message Dolls
- Pumpkin Totem Poles
- Trick or Treat Freakflakes
- Space Aliens & Crop Circles
Scissorcraft is a private, personal subscription membership library filled with personally illustrated coloring book and craft patterns and activities for children and kids at heart. Provides color book images for a wide variety of topics. Easy, basic crafts to appeal primarily to children, but also valued by crafty people skilled in the arts of needlepoint, embroidery and quilting. Color book masks can be used to create elaborate kids costumes for Christmas events or school or church plays and festivities. Many images are perfect as patterns for scroll saw wood work as well as glass etching, silk screen and stenciling.
Perfect printable color book craft activities for kindergarten, preschool, and elementary school projects . Perfect for busy teachers, caregivers, moms and dads.
Year Around Crafts
Whatever month of the year, day or event, scissor craft has you covered. Throwing a party, wedding or event where children will be present? Print a collection of Scissorcraft's images, set up a table and provide paper, scissors, crayons and markers and the kids will never be bored. ScissorCrafts® contains thousands of personally illustrated, educational, safe for the holidays, images and craft ideas and activities.
Mind Mapping is Fun
ScissorCraft provides tools to critical thought with mind mapping activities. Child craft images may be used by parents, teachers, care givers and hobbyists for personal and non-profit embroidery, crochet, woodworking and art projects such as masks and kids costumes. I rely upon income generated from my work and request members please refrain from electronically sharing or posting in blogs and image sharing sites. Many of these child craft images are from my own personal collection of doodles and sketches I have made over the past 40 years of boring office board meetings, that I wanted to share so they could be put to good use instead of hiding in my boxes of stored papers and other stuff I've carted around all these years.
There is a lot more to Scissorcraft than meets the eye. Scissorcraft's collection of over 40,000 personally illustrated images has you covered winter, spring, summer or fall, you will find great child craft activities.
This personal project began around the year 2000 with the activation of "Paper Snowflakes" website. I have always loved artistic work whether through illustration of simple black and white sketches or acrylic and oil paints to making molds and sculptires with clays and paper mache.
Paper Snowflakes was such a popular web site I soon established Scissorcraft with the idea in mind that it would be a jumping off point for a wide variety of images. My grandchildren arrived around this time and I also wanted to provide images to both entertain and educate.
Projects include snowflake and valentine patterns and templates suitable for virtually any craft adventure. You'll enjoy a large collection of African tribal color book masks along with mardi Gras carnival, Kabuki Theater and laugh and Cry masks. Animals of every shape and size to print and color and tons of puzzles and patterns.
Variety of Topics
Virtually every graphic in the Scissorcraft family of web sites is illustrated by the author of Scissorcraft and available in simple, easy to understand, black and white format. I believe all children, regardless of age, skill level, or ability, should have access to creative outlets while they gain exposure to the basic principles of mathematics, history and culture. To this end I have researched many subjects and illustrated quite a few interesting topics to give visitors a wide range of images from which to choose.
Year Round Scissor Activities
In addition to the categorized list of crafts listed above, ScissorCrafts has many web sites that encompass several seasons or even all seasons.
For instance, while Paper Valentines site is primarily focused on February 14th, Valentine’s Day, most images can be used for Mother's and Father's Day or any event where a sweet sentiment is warranted such as a note to a grand parent or other dear relative. In addition, Paper Eggs web site is primarily focused on Easter but our Russian Fabregé eggs images can be used for educating children about Russian history.
Printable games, puzzles and mazes are fun any time of the year. Going on a trip with kids? Print off a stack of games and puzzles and bring along the pencils and crayons to keep the little munchkins entertained.
- Beat the summer heat with printable paper craft activities sure to please. You'll never leave the young ones out of the fun with color book printables. Great printouts to bring along for camp trips, car jaunts and events where children will need to be entertained.
- Rev it up for trick or treat night with both pumpkin stencil designs for pumpkins and gourds carving and coloring book images. Most printable carving templates in Paper Pumpkins web site (below) are super easy and beginners to learn how to carve pumpkins and gourds, with proper supervision.
- You'll never leave the young ones out of the fun with color book Halloween and fall season images. Check out the gingerbread house games and cookie recipes and patterns as we slide into traditional winter festivities.
- Scissorcraft's Day of the Dead printable images are scattered about over many web sites. For instance, Paper Kokeshi Dolls has a section of pumpkin dolls that is quite unique and interesting.
- Paper Valentines for Children is ready for you with hundreds of Valentine’s Day folding patterns perfect for children of all ages.
- Celebrate the welcoming warmth of spring birth and regrowth with printable paper Easter egg patterns, paper Saint Valentine’s Day designs, pretty, paper butterflies and Hawaiian snowflake quilt patterns, and who can overlook those pesky crop circles that mysteriously appear in the wide open fields of grain?
- Oversized, historical paper cross patterns and chrismon designs are perfect for creating both winter Christmas tree and holiday decorations and Easter religious events and celebrations, or any seasonal faith-oriented event.
- You'll never leave the young ones out of the fun with color book printable images.